November 22, 2020 : MESA/Boogie launched its new Rectifier amplifier : a new and modernized take on the Rectifier, named the Badlander.
“Dual” is not part of the name as this new version only uses silicon diodes for rectification : it is meant to be tighter sounding than its Dual Rectifiers cousins.
The main specs are the following :
- 5x 12AX7 preamp tubes
- 4x EL34 power amp tubes (6L6 are still supported)
- 2x channels with 3 voicing (clean, crunch, crush)
- Serial FX Loop
- Embedded reactive load box (so the Badlander can be used without a speaker connected)
- Embedded Mesa Impulse Response module (Cab Clone) with an XLR out and a headphone out.
- Switchable power output (100 watts, 50 watts and 20 watts)
Multiple versions of the amp will be available :
- Amp head in 100 watts or 50 watts
- Rackmount version
- 50 watts combo
More information on Mesa website : https://www.mesaboogie.com.
The Badlander amps are already referenced in Europe at Musicstore : https://www.musicstore.com/en_OE/EUR/Mesa-Boogie-Badlander-100-Head/art-GIT0054885-000 (announced availability beginning of April 2021) and at Thomann : https://www.thomann.de/intl/mesa_boogie_badlander_100_amp_head.htm (approximately same availability).