IR – UK-212 / Green – CLASS-D – Home Studio Edition – Free Guitar Cab Impulse Responses download
- Created August 14, 2021
Terms and conditions
The riffs and partial song covers presented here as samples are used for illustration and educational purposes (using amps and IRs). These riffs and songs remain the property of their copyright owners.
Cab and Mics
The cab used is a Zilla® Fatboy (2*12) rear-loaded with two “Green back” (made in UK), 16 ohms, wired in parallel. This collection contains mainly the captures of one of the speakers (the “right” one). The Greenback has been declined by Celestion in multiple versions since its inception in the 60’s and the 70’s : the Greenback is that classic rock electric guitar tone with a lot of punch and very present mids. It will suit rock, blues and hard-rock players for sure, but metal guitar players and other genres should probably try them : less scooped, less open and less aggressive than more modern speakers (ie V30s), it can provide great tone, with a lot of articulation.
The cab used is a Zilla® Fatboy : it is a very good and balanced 2*12 custom cab, made to order by Zilla Cabs : check ZillaCabs website at https://www.zillacabs.com. The Fatboy is a 212 similar in size and volume to a Mesa Recto 212 or an Hesu 212.
These IRs are captured using a new CLASS D power amp, and are part of the ‘Gen3’ collections : the tone you get from these is more balanced than the one captured with the KT88 amp, with more lows, low-mids and mids. They sound louder than the KT88 ones : lower their volume by 0.7 to 1 db to match the level of the KT88. More balanced means also that they may sound more boxy compared to the KT88 ones, that are globally quite scooped : for metal tone, this time, you will probably have to start scooping your amp mids. Check this blog post for more explanations on Gen3 : https://overdriven.fr/overdriven/index.php/2021/07/18/overdriven-fr-free-irs-gen3-launch/
You can access the cab and speakers pictures here : https://overdriven.fr/overdriven/index.php/ir-zilla-fatboy-212-celestion-g12-m-greenback-kt88-home-studio-edition-free-guitar-cab-impulse-responses-download/
- Check the IR positions explanation here (microphone placement) : https://overdriven.fr/overdriven/index.php/irdownloads/ and here : https://overdriven.fr/overdriven/index.php/2020/07/30/home-studio-upgrade-and-2nd-gen-irs/
- The preamp used is the “SSP1” (solid state preamp).
- Based on a Zilla Cabs ® Fatboy 212 cabinet read-loaded with two Celestion® G12 M Greenback, 16 ohms
- 5 dynamic mics, 1 condenser mic, 106 IR files in WAV 44 kHz format
- 6 microphones :
- CND-JP-1 (AT AE 3000)
- DYN-US-8 (EV RE-20)
- 1 PROCESSED IRs directory containing Fredman-style IRs
- Recorded in home studio conditions
- Recorded with a CLASS-D power amp
- -L suffix is Left speaker and the -R is for Right speaker
- -LCUT is a low-cut filter used at capture time
Small samples with Fishman WA 6 – Precision Drive – Thrasher 50 – Torpedo Reload – Soundcard – Logic Pro – Nadir – Fatboy Greenback IRs (Drop C tuning)
Small samples in B tuning : Fishman Fluence 7 – Precision Drive – Mooer GE300 (amp sim only) SATSUMA TH30B – Soundcard – Logic Pro – Libra
Overdriven.fr is not affiliated with the brands mentioned on this page. These products and brand names are listed here to describe the hardware used for impulse capture. All brands belong to their respective owners. Check the legal disclaimer here : https://overdriven.fr/overdriven/index.php/about/
You can download the IR files from this page : https://overdriven.fr/overdriven/index.php/download/overdriven-uk212-gb-ssp1-classd/
- August 14, 2021 : initial publication
- August 15, 2021 : added samples with Thrasher
This collection contains the following mics and IR files :