IR – 6L6-SerieII – Zilla® Fatboy 212 G12K100 – vIII– Home Studio Edition – Free Impulse Responses download
- Created : January 25, 2020
- Updated : January 25, 2020
Terms and conditions
Cab and Mics
The cab used is a Zilla® Fatboy (2*12) loaded with a Celestion® G12K100 and a Celestion V30. This collection contains the G12K100 IRs. The Zilla® Fatboy is a very good and balanced 2*12 custom cab, made to order by Zilla Cabs : check ZillaCabs website at https://www.zillacabs.com.
This collection is named version “III” as it is the 3rd setup iteration that I use for this cab : it contains more microphones (8) and more positions than my first release and it is using only a 6L6 power amp section together with a tube preamp and a different A/D converter. 93 IRs files are provided. IMHO this version sounds better than the previous one, with a more balanced tone and a stronger low-end section. See the usage notes at the end of this page. Also, this collection contains IRs created with a T.Bone MB75, which is an SM57 clone : you can A/B test it with the SM57, as this collection provides similar positions captured with an original SM57. So you can make your opinion about the differences between the clone and the original.
- Free Impulse Responses of a Zilla® Fatboy cab loaded with an 8 ohms Celestion® G12K100
- Sennheiser E906
- Shure SM57
- Shure SM58
- Sennheiser MD421
- Audix I5
- BeyerDynamic M160
- Shure SM7B
- T.Bone MB75
Recorded in home studio conditions, with a 6L6 power section only and with a tube microphone preamp.
IRs are provided in 44,1 KHZ format, each mic in a subfolder. 69 IR files in this version.
The riffs and partial song covers presented here as samples are used for illustration and educational purposes (using amps and IRs). These riffs and songs remain the property of their copyright owners.
Find below a few samples based on a partial cover of Ghosts of the Undead, from Six Feet Under (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5KXDAZNXus)
- 2 guitar tracks panned hard left and right (Seymour Duncan Nazgul, C Tuning)
- same IR left and right
- No EQ post IR for the guitar tracks (HPF only, set at 100 HZ)
- The final track is lightly compressed with an opto compressor, it has an HPF on the track set at 100 HZ.
- Overdrive and amp : TH3 Overloud with a Tube Nine overdrive and an England Burnsphere, lead channel
- Two Notes WOS
- Different IRs positions are used in the different samples
SM57 (brighter position)
A few notes
- The proximity effect was fully used, without an aggressive low-cut : most of these IRs present a generous and present low-end (50-120 HZ). It might be too much in many situations, so adjust the bass on your amp and your resonance accordingly. For instance, the samples from these pages were recorded with Two-Notes WOS and the low cut parameter set between 100 and 110 HZ. The track compressor used in the samples brightens the guitar tone as well, so you may get darker results in the first place (so eq to your taste).
- The 6L6 power amp used for IR capture tend to scoop a little bit the 250-700/800 HZ area : if you raise it by 1 to 2 DB, you may get closer to the actual sound of this speaker.
- the IRs are recorded with a tube preamp
- cone and outer positions (P15 – 20 – 25) are interesting -IMHO- if you increase your treble and/or presence settings.
Overdriven.fr is not affiliated with the brands mentioned on this page. These products and brand names are listed here to describe the hardware used for impulse capture.
Download 1.0 : https://overdriven.fr/overdriven/index.php/download/6l6-serieii-zilla-fatboy-g12k100-iii-44k-v1-0-zip/
2021-06-23 at 07:43
2023-05-14 at 15:50