IR – 6L6-SerieII – Zilla® Fatboy 212 WGS® ET65 – Home Studio Edition – Free Impulse Responses download
- Created : May 17, 2020
- Updated : May 25, 2020
Terms and conditions
Cabs and mics
The cab used is a Zilla® Fatboy (2*12) loaded with a WGS® ET65 and a WGS® Vet30. This collection contains the ET65 IRs. The Zilla® Fatboy is a very good and balanced 2*12 custom cab, made to order by Zilla Cabs : check ZillaCabs website at https://www.zillacabs.com.
- Free Impulse Responses of Zilla® Fatboy 212, loaded with WGS® ET65 and WGS® Veteran 30
- Sennheiser E906
- Shure SM57
- Beyer Dynamic M160
- Beyer Dynamic M201TG
Recorded in home studio conditions with a 6L6 power section only and with a tube microphone preamp.
IRs are provided in 44,1 KHZ format, each mic in a subfolder. 17 IR files in this version. See this page for an explanation about positions : https://overdriven.fr/overdriven/index.php/irdownloads/
The riffs and partial song covers presented here as samples are used for illustration and educational purposes (using amps and IRs). These riffs and songs remain the property of their copyright owners.
Samples created with :
- AHB1 pickup, Dod Carcosa , Wampler Triple Wreck -> Wall Of Sound
- SH6 pickup, Maxon OD9, Randall EOD , Torpedo Reload -> Wall Of Sound.
These IRs have a strong low end that can overtake the global tone : these samples are using a low-cut between 80 and 130 (!) Hz. Some EQ applied on the samples : for example 120 Hz -2 dB, 360 -1 dB, 800 + 1 dB.
A few notes
- The proximity effect was fully used, without an aggressive low-cut : most of these IRs present a generous and present low-end (50-120 HZ). It might be too much in many situations (pickups with generous low-end), so adjust the bass on your amp and your resonance accordingly.
- The 6L6 power amp used for IR capture tend to scoop a little bit the 250-700/800 HZ area : if you raise it by 1 to 2 DB, you may get closer to the actual sound of this speaker.
- the IRs are recorded with a tube preamp
- best positions for standalone practice : 09 and 10
- Recommended EQ settings :
- low cut : 60-100+ Hz
- 120 Hz : -2 to +1 dB
- 360 Hz : -1 to +1 dB
- 800 Hz : +2 dB (speaker and amp is quite scooped, this will rebalance the tone)
Overdriven.fr is not affiliated with the brands mentioned on this page. These products and brand names are listed here to describe the hardware used for impulse capture.