UK-212-Gov – Home Studio Edition – Free Guitar Cab Impulse Responses download
- Created May 14, 2023
- Updated May 26, 2023
Terms and conditions
The riffs and partial song covers presented here as samples are used for illustration and educational purposes (using amps and IRs). These riffs and songs remain the property of their copyright owners.
CAB and mics
The guitar cabinet used for this collection is a UK-made 2*12 cabinet, rear-loaded with a H75 speaker (8 ohms) and a Governor speaker (8 ohms). This collection contains IRs based on the Governor speaker. These IRs are captured using a neutral class-D power amplifier.
- Check the IR positions explanation here : https://overdriven.fr/overdriven/index.php/irdownloads/ and here : https://overdriven.fr/overdriven/index.php/2020/07/30/home-studio-upgrade-and-2nd-gen-irs/
- The preamp used is the “solid state preamp 2”.
- Capture based on a Fatboy cabinet loaded with a Governor speaker, 8 ohms
- 3 dynamic mics, 1 ribbon mic, 1 condenser mic, 82 IR files in WAV 44 kHz format
- 5 microphones :
- DYN-57 : classic 57 tone
- DYN-US-8: quite scooped, can be overly bright
- RBN-US-1 : inspired by a Royer® R-10 microphone, producing different tones from dark to relatively bright
- CND-AU-1 : solid and balanced condenser microphone tones
- DYN-421 : interesting alternative tones to the 57, with more bass
- Recorded in home studio conditions
- Recorded with a class-D power amp, with flat settings
- For microphone information, positions and file names explanations, please check : https://overdriven.fr/overdriven/index.php/irdownloads/
A few samples to get an idea of the tone : 7 string Fishman neck pickup, in B tuning. Amp used are custom Tonex profiles loaded in the Tonex plugin under Logic Pro. IRs loaded in Nadir. ‘Tonex RD 20’ are models of my Randall RD-20 amp, and “Tonex DR CH3” is a model of my Dual Rectifier, CH3 modern (presented on my TONEX resources page).
Overdriven.fr is not affiliated with the brands mentioned on this page. These products and brand names are listed here to describe the hardware used for impulse capture. All brands belong to their respective owners. Check the legal disclaimer here : https://overdriven.fr/overdriven/index.php/about/
You can download the IR files from this page : https://overdriven.fr/overdriven/index.php/download/212-gov-ssp2-classd/.
- May 14, 2023 : initial creation
- May 26, 2023 : updates and typos