IR – 6L6-SerieII – German 112 WGS® Veteran 30 – Home Studio Edition – Free Impulse Responses download
- Created : January 12, 2020
- Updated : January 12, 2020
Terms and conditions
Cab and Mics
The cab used is a German 1*12 front-loaded and ported. While it may lack some low-end extension (below 100 HZ), it deliver a very punchy and authoritative sound. The speaker is a WGS® (Warehouse Guitar Speakers®) Veteran 30, which can be seen as an alternative to the classical Celestion® Vintage 30, with a somewhat softened treble range. Worth a try ! One of the mics used is a very affordable Superlux dynamic mic (PRA628 MKII) : give it a try, you may find it interesting.
- Free Impulse Responses of a German front-loaded and ported 1*12, loaded with an 8 ohms WGS® Veteran 30
- Sennheiser E906
- Shure SM57 (2 different preamps and converters)
- Shure SM58
- Sennnheiser MD421
- Superlux PRA628
- Beyer Dynamic M160
Recorded in home studio conditions, with a 6L6 power section only. 2 different preamps were used.
IRs are provided in 44,1 KHZ format, each mic in a subfolder. 52 IR files in this version.
- PRA628 MKII
The riffs and partial song covers presented here as samples are used for illustration and educational purposes (using amps and IRs). These riffs and songs remain the property of their copyright owners.
Below a few samples based on a partial cover of War is coming, from Six Feet Under (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5KXDAZNXus)
- 2 guitar tracks panned hard left and right (Seymour Duncan SH4)
- same IR left and right
- No EQ post IR (HPF only)
- The final track is softly compressed and softly eq’ed.
- Overdrive and amp : TH3 Overloud with a Tube Nine overdrive and an England Burnsphere, lead channel
- Two Notes WOS
PRA628 MKII sample
A few notes
- With a bass heavy amp or sim, the low-end can become boomy and muddy : in this case, lower the bass on your amp / adjust your resonance / use a HPF and eventually cut the 120 HZ frequency by 1 to 3 DB.
- The 6L6 power amp used for IR capture tend to scoop a little bit the 250-700/800 HZ area : if you raise it by 1 to 2 or 3 DB, you may get closer to the actual sound of this speaker.
- the SM57-2 folder is recorded with a tube preamp : the -L suffix is a different setting on this preamp, the treble area is softened a little bit on these IRs (very subtle).
Overdriven.fr is not affiliated with the brands mentioned on this page. These products and brand names are listed here to describe the hardware used for impulse capture.
Download 1.0 : 6l6-serieii-german-112-wgs-vet30-44k-v1-0-zip