German 112 – Celestion® G12H55 – Home Studio Edition – Free Guitar Cab Impulse Responses download
- Created : March 30, 2020
- Updated : March 30, 2020
Terms and conditions
Cab and Mics
The cab used is a German front-loaded and ported 1*12 loaded with a made in UK Celestion® G12H55 (15 ohms, 30 Watts). This association delivers a lot of punch and a great tone for rock, cleans,… and metal of course. The G12H55 is a reissue of the original speaker created in the late 60s / early 70s, and is part of the Greenback family. Its actual name should be “G12H30”, but was named G12H55, after its resonance frequency of 55 Hz.
This collection is part of the 6L6 Serie II collections : it is using only a 6L6 power amp section together with a tube preamp. 27 IRs files are provided in this version.
- Free Impulse Responses of a German front-loaded and ported cab loaded, with a Celestion® G12H55
- Sennheiser E906
- Shure SM57
- Shure SM58
- Shure SM7B
Recorded in home studio conditions, with a 6L6 power section only and with a tube microphone preamp.
Find below a few samples with some quick and dirty Drop C# chugs (DiMarzio Dominion, Mercuriall Greed Smasher, Mercuriall U530, Two Notes WOS with the G12H55 IRs). No CAB EQ, LPF set to 8.1 Khz.
E906 – U530 Chorus
SM7B – U530 Chorus
SM57 – U530 Chorus
SM58 – U530 Chorus
IRs are provided in 44,1 KHZ format, each mic in a subfolder. 19 IR files in this version.
A few notes
- The proximity effect was fully used, without an aggressive low-cut : adjust your HPF to your taste.
- The 6L6 power amp used for IR capture tend to scoop a little bit the 250-700/800 HZ area : if you raise it by 1 to 2 DB, you may get closer to the actual sound of this speaker (ie under WOS 360 HZ + 1 or 2 DB, 800 HZ +1 or 2 DB)
- the IRs are recorded with a tube preamp
- cap edge and cone (p10 – 12 – 15) present the most balanced tone
Overdriven.fr is not affiliated with the brands mentioned on this page. These products and brand names are listed here to describe the hardware used for impulse capture.