Calif Recto 212 Vintage 30 – Home Studio Edition – Free Guitar Cab Impulse Responses download
- Created : March 29, 2020
- Updated : March 29, 2020
Terms and conditions
The riffs and partial song covers presented here as samples are used for illustration and educational purposes (using amps and IRs). These riffs and songs remain the property of their copyright owners.
Cab and Mics
The cab used is a Mesa Boogie® Recto 2*12 loaded with its original Celestion® Vintage 30. This cab is viewed by many as one of the best cabs for metal sound. …. And it is not that easy to capture 😉
This collection is part of the 6L6 Serie II collections : it is using only a 6L6 power amp section together with a tube preamp. 19 IRs files are provided in this version.
- Free Impulse Responses of a Mesa Boogie Recto 212 cab loaded with Celestion® Vintage 30
- Sennheiser E906
- Shure SM57
- Shure SM58
- Heil PR20
Recorded in home studio conditions, with a 6L6 power section only and with a tube microphone preamp.
Find below a few samples with some quick and dirty Drop A# chugs (BKP Miracle Man, Mercuriall TSC, Mercuriall U530, Two Notes WOS).
IRs are provided in 44,1 KHZ format, each mic in a subfolder. 19 IR files in this version.
A few notes
- The proximity effect was fully used, without an aggressive low-cut : the positions 12 to 20 present a generous and present low-end (50-120 HZ). Adjust your HPF to your taste.
- The 6L6 power amp used for IR capture tend to scoop a little bit the 250-700/800 HZ area : if you raise it by 1 to 2 DB, you may get closer to the actual sound of this speaker (ie under WOS 360 HZ + 1 or 2 DB, 800 HZ +1 or 2 DB)
- the IRs are recorded with a tube preamp
- cap edge and cone (p12 – 15 – 20) present the most balanced tone
Overdriven.fr is not affiliated with the brands mentioned on this page. These products and brand names are listed here to describe the hardware used for impulse capture.